Sea North Tours is the oldest tour company on the water in Churchill, Manitoba. Founded in 1977, by Mike and Doreen Macri, it was later sold to their close friends, Dwight Allen and Louise Foubert in 2011, who are the current operators today. It has always been a family owned company that developed over a love of the subarctic and its wildlife. Dwight and Louise have a passion for sharing Churchill’s treasures with people all over the world and started their tourism ventures back in 1982. They have spearheaded much of the tourism going on in Churchill today and along with their eldest son Remi brought new adventures and opportunities for interacting with the Beluga whales and other parts of Churchill such as; paddle boarding, Sloop Cove hike and more. With their ingenuity and being entrepreneurs to the core, Sea North Tours continues to grow each year.
Sea North Tours Ltd. has been in operation for 40 years! Our mandate has always been and will always continue to be to provide our visitors with a unique opportunity to observe marine animals in their natural environment and to spread knowledge about their behaviour and biology.
Our aim is to operate our business in a sustainable and responsible way in order to ensure and encourage continued preservation, protection and welfare of the animals and to minimize our impact on nature. We hope that we are the ears, eyes and the voice to help uphold the protection of the regions wildlife population.
We strive to offer our guests the best service and an unforgettable nature experience by:
- providing our guests with first-hand knowledgeable, qualified and experienced guides
- guide : participant ratios on our boats are monitored daily in order to best deliver a unique and memorable experience.
- we provide all Coast Guard required safety equipment for all our beluga whale safari tours
- Our custom built 32 passenger Sea North II Transport Canada Certified Tour Boat is the only tour boat in Churchill engineered for the protection of the whales because there are no exposed moving parts
- the Sea North II offers visitors of all ages the possibility to enjoy the beluga whales
- we make every reasonable effort to ensure visitors a safe tour
- we have a perfect safety record